Let it Snow!!! :D

It seems that as each year comes to an end,
And Christmas being one of my most favourite festival of the year,

I can't help but realise that the idiom, "Wisdom comes with age." has become more and more true. : )

I no longer just feel excited about opening presents, or meeting up with friends...
Instead, i look forward more to buying them, wrapping them up really prettily, and imagining the reaction of all their faces when i give it to them. ^_^
Hahahaha Really no longer that young, naive child i used to be.

I still vividly remember when i was around 8 or 9 years old,
I used to go to those church parties, some of which were held in houses.
All the excitement and anxiousness would be derived days before,
All because i actually only got to go to church once a year. X)

This particular memory however has always been one of my fondest.
It was a game that could be played by everyone, no age restrictions at all.
Everyone around me were strangers, and although it might be hard to believe now,
But i was long ago, a shy child once upon a time. :P
My only acquaintance was my aunt who brought me to the party, the others were just strangers to me.

We were playing pictogram where we had to draw out the word given to us. ^_^
The dude before me got Sandwich but he drew a triangular thing nobody could guess.
Next up was me, and i was worried. :S
The word i got was Shepard. Now was that a challenge for a 9 year old?? #,#
I remember looking back at my aunt, and then smiling.

Minutes later, i drew a person which everyone guessed as Man.
That wasn't right, so i drew him holding a wooden staff, just like the one Moses had.
And instantly, everybody knew!! :D Boy was i happy then!! What made me feel even more special that night was that i believed in myself. I could appeal to people in a peculiar way but not one that is harmful. I even heard my aunt say to her friend that i was really good at expressing myself!!

Till today, whenever i feel i wasn't good enough for something,
I would ponder back on this memory. I had to somehow believe and remember that God made me the way i am because i am unique and special. There isn't another me in this world that could replace me. ^_^

Funny how things like this pops out of my brain during this season round.
Heck, must be the Micheal Buble song - Let It Snow that has been replaying for the past half hour. :D
Nonetheless, i truly truly feel grateful for everything i have now...
Time passed by stagnantly on Christmas day,
Me capturing each moment in slow motion, wondering if next year would be the same?
I really love my family... No matter how imperfect they are. :"]
By then, i hope i'll be seeing the similar view from a webcam miles and miles away instead.
But i foresee lots of tears hopefully of happiness or homesickness. XD

May God permit whatevers destined to happen, to happen with grace.
I truly, deeply pray.

Merry Christmas one and all!!
May you have a meaningful heartfelt one like me!! : )


*~}i{~*

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 7:34 AM

0 Comments to "Let it Snow!!! :D"